Originally only made available to individual users, Google Plus was recently opened to businesses and organizations through Google+ Pages. When it first rolled out its social network, Google shut down some business-oriented
For the most part, agencies have been posting content similar to the content posted on other social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Information Week’s report says the Marine Corps’ Google Plus page consists of posts that are exactly the same as the service branch’s Facebook page.
Since launching its Google page on Monday, NASA has gained more than 18,000 followers. The space agency has mostly posted images and multimedia, but much of the information is different than that from its other social media platforms.
Other agencies that have joined Google Plus this week include:
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Army Aviation’s Fort Rucker
- Texas Army National Guard
- National Weather Service’s field office in El Paso, Texas
- National Weather Service’s Warning Decision Training Branch
Previous Google Plus agency coverage: