Cisco: Real-Time Analytics, Internet of Everything, Self-Organizing Networks Among Defining Tech Trends of 2014 and Beyond

Cisco-LogoEbizCisco has outlined some of the key technologies it anticipates will most affect the future of business and other sectors in the coming years, TelecomTiger reported Thursday.

Some of the enumerated technology trends include analytics done in real-time, context-aware computing, changes in Internet architecture, development of machine-to-machine communications and self-organizing and self-healing networks.

According to Cisco, real-time analytics will generate fast yet informed decisions for industries ranging from advertising, finance, security and automation.

Context-aware computing will work to drive collaboration across companies as collaboration platforms pull relevant and context-related information from previously supplied data, according to the company.

Cisco noted that the connected devices industry expected growth from $10 billion to about $50 billion by 2020 and will require a different Internet infrastructure built to introduce more open application programming interfaces, convergence of local and cloud networks, as well as real-world application of software-defined networking.

Future mobile networks will aim to have self-optimizing, self-configuring and self-healing capabilities in order to improve network performance in any environment, it added.

Cisco also expect M2M connections to grow for the industry segment with applications in fleet management, sales and payment and telemetry, making up 45 percent of all connections, with the remaining 55 percent distributed between person-to-machine and person-to-person connections.

Share this story...Tweet about this on Twitter2Share on LinkedIn0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Email this to someone
Filed in: Industry News, News Tags: , , , , , ,

You might like:

Raytheon Opens Anti-Cyber Threat Center in England; Richard Daniel Comments Raytheon Opens Anti-Cyber Threat Center in England; Richard Daniel Comments
Report: IBM Eyes $40B Revenue From Cloud, Security, Analytics in 2018 Report: IBM Eyes $40B Revenue From Cloud, Security, Analytics in 2018
Deloitte’s Terri Cooper Previews Federal Health Opportunities, Challenges in 2015 Deloitte’s Terri Cooper Previews Federal Health Opportunities, Challenges in 2015
Deloitte’s Nathan Houser: Data Analytics, Visualization Tools Could Facilitate National Security Mgmt Deloitte’s Nathan Houser: Data Analytics, Visualization Tools Could Facilitate National Security Mgmt
© 2015 ExecutiveBiz. All rights reserved.