Seven Mitre employees received recognition at the 2017 Becoming Everything You Are Awards’ science, technology, engineering and math conference in Washington, D.C, for their professional achievements.
Mitre said Wednesday the Career Communications Group-sponsored BEYA STEM conference brought together engineering and information technology professionals to promote opportunities for “underrepresented” groups and women in the U.S. technology sector.
“As we engage with our government sponsors to solve their toughest challenges, we believe that bringing together bright individuals with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives leads to the most innovative solutions,” Julie Gravallese, a vice president and chief human resources officer of Mitre.
Recipients of the Modern-Day Technology Leader Award include:
- Koffi Amefia, senior transportation engineer
- Christopher Brown, lead information security engineer
- Geno Johnson, principal information systems engineer
- Soumya Kini, project lead in the Center for Veterans Enterprise Transformation
- Mary Kinnard-Brown, human organizational systems quality coordinator
- Vanitha Khetan, principal systems engineer and technical leader in the Enterprise Strategy and Transformation Technical Center
Derik Perry, principal information systems engineer in Mitre’s Center for National Security, won the Science Spectrum Trailblazer Award.