Doug Hartman, CSSI Inc, has received the Outstanding Achievement Award for Partners in Safety at the 2009 ATO Safety Summit.
Hartman works on ATO's Chicago O'Hare Modernization project where he has helped develop the integration of safety risk management (SRM) by creating a document tracking system and participating in panels.
According to CSSI Inc. some the criteria for the award were:
- Making an exemplary effort in leading safety excellence though an outstanding display of integrity, vision, and direction
- Exceeding required responsibilities
- Serving as a role model to other safety organizations
- Working cooperatively across corporate or government agencies in an effort to improve safety
- Actively engaging in safety culture initiatives
In Hartman's nomination Pene Kedzorski, Modernization Program Coordinator at the Chicago Area Modernization Program Office, said “Since O'Hare operations have both national and international air traffic flow, it's clear that the impacts of (Hartman) as the leader of the core OMP SMS Team in terms of safely increasing airport capacity and efficiency while reducing delays will be profoundly beneficial to the flying public and the airlines on a very broad scale.“
Hartman was an air traffic controller for 25 years before joining CSSI in 2007.