Security researchers with SecureWorks have discovered a new banking Trojan, which is used by cyber criminals to siphon off millions of dollars.
The so-called Bugat Trojan looks to exploit wire transfer and Automated Clearing House transactions, which are used by smaller businesses.
The Trojan uses malware commonly used in other financial cyber crimes. These include:
- Internet Explorer (IE) and Firefox form grabbing
- Scrape or modify HTML for targeted sites
- Steal and delete IE, Firefox, and Flash cookies
- Steal FTP and POP credentials
- SOCKS proxy server (v4 and v5)
- Browse and upload files from the infected computer
- Download and execute programs
- Upload list of running processes
- Delete system files and reboot computer to render Windows unable to boot