“It is not only the engineers and scientists who are making an impact on technology, it is also the enablers of technology,“ said Nanci Schimizzi, president of WIT. She noted the healthcare providers, law enforcement, universities and government organizations among others who contribute to the impact on technology. “The women honored at this event are true architects of change in the technology community at local, national and global levels,“ she added.
WIT winners in the following categories include:
- Rising Star: Charity Nowling, senior electrical engineer, SAIC
- Green IT: Mile Corrigan, manager, Federal Green Program, Noblis
- Corporate Public Sector Award (Small): Jeri Lassiter, chief executive officer and president, ASM Research Inc.
- Corporate Public Sector Award (Large): Linda A. Mills, corporate vice president and president, Northrop Grumman Information Systems
- Corporate Commercial Award (Large): Jill Bruning, chief operating officer, NJVC
- WIT President's Award: Kelly Moore, AT&T