Cubic Defense Applications announced today that it has launched a new initiative to expand its contract manufacturing operations to include new conceptual design, prototyping and high-rate production capabilities.
The company said it will employ these manufacturing solutions to pursue new telecommunications, aerospace, defense and automotive business.
The initiative also includes nonintrusive medical instrumentation and monitoring.
“CMS has highly qualified engineers with experience in a wide range of disciplines, and can provide engineering services to support contract manufacturing projects,” said Reiny Giesecke, director of business development at Cubic.
CMS will include multiple capabilities and services, including:
- Electronic assembly, from stamping to chassis wiring
- RF, digital, analog and environmental testing in a 16,000-square-foot test laboratory
- Machining and sheet metal fabrication
- Sewing, painting, powder coating
- Product development, such as 3-D modeling