McAfee has added its latest enhancements to its cloud security platform, which is responsible for securing all primary channels of traffic moving between the cloud and organization such as email, web and authentication.
“Offering comprehensive security capabilities from both Intel and McAfee, we are developing and investing in technology that makes it possible for businesses to more confidently use and trust the Cloud, and subsequently benefit from the savings it can offer, ” said Marc Olesen, senior vice president, general manger, content and cloud security at McAfee.
According to the company, many businesses cite the fear of the potential data loss as a reason to not use cloud computing. In order to address this issue, the enhanced McAfee Cloud Security Platform includes the following services:
- expanded integration with SAML aware, traditional log-in cloud applications and enhanced end user use with SSO Portal for centralized access
- consolidation of the secure computing email gateway platform with the McAfee email and web security appliance platform, new advanced encryption features, including push and pull, and the ability to view encrypted messages from mobile devices
- SaaS email protection with enhanced DLP capabilities through file fingerprinting
- support for IBM MQ and Splunk for reporting, and high-assurance security certifications while expanding security for REST Web services with new policy controls, support for Salesforce.com APIs and SAML for identity processing
- safeguards for information moving to the cloud, including virtual machine support for organizations to leverage their on-premise or cloud infrastructures and data classification capabilities
- McAfee Web Gateway version 7.1.6 offers enhanced features to limit corporate liability and exposure, enforces corporate Web usage policies for increased security and includes an app using AppPrism database for granular control of over 1,000 apps.
The solution can be deployed as an on-premise appliance, Software-as-a-Service or a hybrid. It also provides improved integration into McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator platform.
In addition, McAfee will be showcasing the updated platform at the 9th International Cloud Computing Expo in Santa Clara, Calif. this week, while Scott Chasin, chief technology officer, McAfee content and cloud security will give a keynote address entitled “Identity Driven Security in the Cloud.”