Honeywell Expects 80% of Sequestration to Occur; Mike Madsen Comments

Mike Madsen, Honeywell

Honeywell‘s top executive for its defense and space unit said Monday the company is ready for the impending cuts to U.S. defense spending, the Wall Street Journal reports.

According to Doug Cameron’s report, Mike Madsen told investors the company is not fighting against those cuts.

Cameron reports Honeywell expects 80 percent of the cuts under sequestration will happen, with most effects not being felt until 2014.

Sequestration would see $500 billion cut from military spending over the next decade, doubling the existing $500 billion cut required under the Budget Control Act.

According to the Journal, most large defense contractors expect lawmakers to reach a compromise on sequestration.

Honeywell CEO Dave Cote is among several executives President Barack Obama has spoken with on fiscal legislation and Cote attended a White House summit last week, Cameron writes.

You may also be interested in...

Jay Lambke President GAI

Government Acquisitions Obtains SBA HUBZone Program Certification; Jay Lambke Quoted

Cincinnati, Ohio-based company Government Acquisitions Inc. has been accredited by the Small Business Administration under a program that seeks to provide economic benefits to government contractors from historically underutilized business zones.

Satellite launch

SpaceX Launches Satellite for Multinational Ocean Observation Effort

SpaceX has sent to space a satellite designed to monitor sea levels across the globe under a U.S.-U.K. partnership. The Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite lifted off from Vandenberg Air Force Base on a mission to collect sea level data, support ship navigation and inform weather forecasts, NASA said Sunday.

KBR

KBR Gets $65M Navy Contract Modification for Base Support Services

KBR has received a one-year, $64.8M contract modification to carry out base operating support services at various U.S. Navy installations in Djibouti and Kenya.