BAE to Sell Stake in Int’l Defense Joint Venture; Dean McCumiskey Comments

BAElogoMahindra and Mahindra will buy BAE System’s 26 percent stake in the defense joint venture, Defence Land Systems India, according to a Business Standard article.

Currently, Mahindra owns 74 percent of DLSI while BAE controls the remaining 26 percent which is in accordance with India’s foreign direct investment policy for defense businesses.

According to the article, both parties agreed with the buy-out of BAE, marking the end of a three-year old partnership.

“Building domestic capabilities in partnership with Indian companies will remain a cornerstone of our strategy in India,” said Dean McCumiskey, BAE India managing director and CEO.

“We look forward to opportunities to collaborate with Mahindra and others to enhance the role of the private sector in the defence industry,” he added.

DLSI was established in 2009 to supply howitzers and anti-mine vehicles to the Indian military.

The joint statement explained there have been crucial changes in the Indian defense industry environment and in customer procurement frameworks which led BAE to review its participation in the DLSI business.

The opportunity for future collaboration by BAE and Mahindra will still be possible after the partnership ends.

You may also be interested in...

Carahsoft

Carahsoft Adds ClearInfo Digitization Products to NASA SEWP V Contract

Carahsoft Technology has agreed to market end-to-end digitization tools developed by ClearInfo to federal government clients through the Reston, Virginia-based company's reseller partners and NASA Solutions for Enterprise-Wide Procurement V contract.

GA-ASI MQ-9 with ASW Pod

General Atomics Demos Anti-Submarine Sonobuoy Tech for Navy’s MQ-9 UAS

A General Atomics affiliate has demonstrated the use of A-size sonobuoys to remotely process acoustic and bathythermal data when deployed from an unmanned aircraft system to support U.S. Navy's anti-submarine warfare operations.

Corner Alliance

Corner Alliance to Develop Emergency Guidance Tool for DHS

The Department of Homeland Security's Science and Technology Directorate awarded over $1.5M to Corner Alliance for the development of a new emergency guidance planning app. The Federal Emergency Management Agency's website would feature the Alerts, Warnings and Notifications guidance tool that would offer best practices, customized resources and templates for emergency planning and readiness efforts, DHS said Tuesday.