Hewlett-Packard has released a new set of services aimed at helping enterprises protect and manage their information technology resources in line with government standards in India, Europe and the U.S. among others.
Available worldwide, HP Data Privacy Services are designed to offer virtual tools to safely collect, delete or retrieve data as well as handle hardware and software components that store confidential files, HP said Monday.
“Continued automation in the healthcare environment and broader access to patient information are expanding the risk of costly data breaches,” said Lou Berger, HP’s services enablement and readiness, storage vice president.
A goal of HP Data Privacy Services is to provide IT infrastructure that can help improve the security and performance of an organization’s databases and network systems, Berger added.
The IT suite includes a range of services with specific features that include:
- Technology Services to provide support on data compliance, privacy and incident response
- Data Sanitization Service for on-site tools designed to prevent retrieval of deleted data from computing devices
- Defective Media Retention works to manage hardware and virtual information in case of IT problems
- Defective Material Retention enables users to recover data from defective devices
- Asset Recovery Services offers the capability to track the progress of business processes for asset and risk management