Informatica has selected 12 organizations from among 5,000 of its customers for the 2014 Informatica Innovation Awards for leveraging the company’s data integration offerings to boost business.
The award winners were honored at last week’s Informatica World event in Las Vegas, the company said Thursday.
“Each year, Informatica Innovation Awards winners demonstrate the transformative power of clean, safe and connected data in a business or societal context,” said Marge Breya, executive vice president and chief marketing officer at Informatica.
“We are privileged to work with such innovative and forward-looking organizations who are not only transforming their businesses, but also changing the world, by putting data at the center of everything they do.”
The winners are grouped under the following categories based on their business results:
- Application modernization with hybrid IT – Addivant, for sales cycle efficiency;
- Big data – Western Union, for personalized online customer experience; Intuit/Cloudera, for data-driven product development and developer productivity;
- Customer centricity – GE Aviation, for reduced risk through a complete view of asset data;
- Embedded apps – RMS, for real-time risk intelligence and business tasks efficiency;
- Enterprise data platform – Devon Energy/Noah Consulting, for consistency of trusted data; The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, for expedited research cycles;
- Governance, risk and compliance – UPMC, for improved patient services and data-driven personalized medicine;
- Improved decisions – Washington State Office of Financial Management‘s Education Research and Data Center, for aiding policymakers in understanding education and workforce data; ICON, for accelerating clinical trials to bring drugs or devices to market;
- Internet of Things – GE Software, for bolstering machine performance and network efficiency;
- Operational efficiency – American Airlines/US Airways, for integration of systems to smooth out merger.