Engility, Vencore, Maximus and Raytheon are among the 2015 winners of ACG National Capital‘s annual Corporate Growth Awards for mergers and acquisitions and other strategic corporate deals for companies with a presence in the Washington metropolitan area.
“We want to congratulate this year’s winners for continuing their contributions to one of the largest, most successful economies in the country and for driving corporate growth across the region,” Jean Stack, chair of the 2015 Corporate Growth Awards committee, said Friday.
- Dealmaker of the Year (private company): Scott Goss, Preferred Systems Solutions
- Dealmaker of the Year (public company): Tony Smeraglinolo, Engility
- Emerging Growth Company Award (less than $25 million): Altruista Health
- Corporate Growth Company Award ($25 million-$75 million): APT
- Corporate Growth Company Award ($75 million-$250 million): MyEyeDr.
- Corporate Growth Company Award (more than $250 million): Maximus
- Venture Deal of the Year: Zoomdata
- Private Equity Deal of the Year: OGSystems partnership with General Catalyst Partners
- Strategic Deal of the Year (less than $50 million): Accela acquisition of Kinsail Corp.
- Strategic Deal of the Year ($50 million-$250 million): Vencore’s acquisition of QinetiQ North America‘s services and solutions group
- Strategic Deal of the Year (more than $250 million): Raytheon’s acquisition of Blackbird Technologies
Mac Curtis, president and CEO of Vencore, said that the company’s potential $215 million acquisition of QNA’s services group expanded Vencore’s market to include agencies such as NASA, the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Army and Navy.
“The deal also increased Vencore’s position in the intelligence community and significantly increased the number of Vencore’s contract vehicles, customer footprint, and market offerings,” he added.