Kay Kapoor, president of government solutions business at AT&T, has won the Women in Technology’s 2016 Leadership Award for the corporate large market sector category in recognition of her work in the technology industry.
WIT held the 17th Annual Leadership Awards Thursday at the Hyatt Regency in Reston, Virginia, in an effort to acknowledge the mentorship, vision and entrepreneurial talent of female executives across Washington, the not-for-profit organization said Friday.
Kapoor, an inductee into Executive Mosaic’s Wash100 for 2016, manages a business of 4,000 employees at AT&T that works to provide information technology and professional services to federal agencies.
Ellen Glover, executive vice president for ICF International, also accepted on behalf of ICF WIT’s Corporate Leadership Award in recognition of the consulting firm’s efforts to appoint women to its board of directors.
Other Leadership Award recipients include:
- Camille Stewart of the Department of Homeland Security for the Rising Star Award
- Carolyn Parent of LiveSafe for the corporate small market sector category
- Cathy Tilton of CSRA for Technical Leadership Award
- Commander Amy Grable of the Coast Guard Telecommunications and Information Systems Command for the Women in Defense Award.
- Jenny Oh of Booz Allen Hamilton for the Unsung Hero award
- Sonya Jain of eGlobalTech for the corporate mid-market sector category
- Stephanie O’Sullivan of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence for the government sector category
- Susan Evans of Evans Inc. for the Small Business/Entrepreneur Award