The Washington-based chapter of the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association has elected new members to its executive board for 2016 to 2017 and named Dean Economou, sales director for the Defense Department program at CenturyLink, as president.
Nathan Jones, vice president of federal sales at Red Hat, will serve as executive VP of AFCEA DC, and Mike Singer, senior director of federal defense and intelligence programs at Citrix, will be senior VP, AFCEA said July 14.
“We are focused on building programs that focus on the emerging technology needs of the federal government and how industry can best support federal agencies in this effort,” Economou said.
The 2016-2017 executive board also includes:
- John Green, The Green House Group – VP of chapter operations
- John Meyer, ABC7/WJLA – VP of communications
- Gary Langston, AT&T – VP of science, technology, engineering and math
- Dina Flynn, 10FoldDC – VP of programs
- Randy Strong, Leidos – VP of strategic initiatives
- Brian Hajost, SteelCloud – treasurer
- Doug Steele, Palo Alto Networks – secretary
- Nick Nilan, Verizon – president of Young AFCEA
- Anthony Robbins, AT&T – chair of Winter Gala
The new members of the board of directors are:
- Marqus Hutchinson, Intelligent Waves
- Alan Lauder, IBM
- Kyle Michl, Accenture
- Matt Peeples, Juniper
- Steve Risseeuw, SAP
- Karen Terrell, SAS
- Mark Valentine, Microsoft
- Christine Vatidis, CA Technologies
- Dan Wilbricht of LogRhythm