Bechtel to Continue Nuclear Propulsion Components Production for Navy

BechtelLogo (1)A division of Bechtel will continue to manufacture nuclear propulsion components to the U.S. Navy under a potential $64.3 million contract modification awarded through the Naval Sea Systems Command.

The Defense Department said Tuesday the full obligated amount at the time of award is from the service branch’s fiscal 2016 shipbuilding and conversion and “other” procurement funds.

Bechtel’s plant machinery division will perform 90 percent of contract-related work in Monroeville, Pennsylvania and the remaining 10 percent in Schenectady, New York.

The business oversees the design and procurement of nuclear power plant components for integration into aircraft carriers and submarines for the Navy as part of the U.S. Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program.

You may also be interested in...

Dawne Hickton Jacobs

Dawne Hickton, Critical Mission Solutions Business EVP & COO at Jacobs, Named to 2021 Wash100 for Expanding Cyber Capabilities; Driving Company Growth

Executive Mosaic is honored to present Dawne Hickton, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Critical Mission Solutions at Jacobs, as an inductee into the 2021 edition of the Wash100 Award for expanding the company's cybersecurity business and driving significant growth through contract awards. This marks Hickton’s second consecutive Wash100 Award.

Duncan Greene Akima

Akima Subsidiary Wins Spot on $114M Navy Contract for IT, Engineering Services; Duncan Greene Quoted

Aperture, an Akima subsidiary, has secured a position on a five-year, $113.8 million contract to support the Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic’s Command Wide 8(a) Programmatic Engineering Logistics Support Incubator program. “We are excited to continue Akima’s work with the Naval Information Warfare Systems Command,” said Duncan Greene, president of Akima’s Mission Systems, Engineering & Technology Group.

L3Harris

DARPA Selects L3Harris to Design Unmanned Surface Vessel Concept for Long Missions

L3Harris Technologies was tasked by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to present a design concept for an autonomous surface ship under the first phase of a DARPA program that seeks to enable lengthy operation of unmanned ships at sea.