MCR Federal has received a potential six-year, $28.4 million task order to provide technical support services, systems engineering and acquisition support services to the U.S. Army‘s Fixed Wing Project Office.
The company said June 29 the order has one base year plus five option years and was awarded through an Intuitive Research and Technology Corp. blanket purchase agreement under the Army Aviation and Missile Command’s Express contract.
“This task order is a recompete of technical services and support, plus some new work, which we have been providing to the Army for many years,” said Vince Kiernan, president of MCR Federal.
The Army’s Fixed Wing Project Office manages the Army’s fixed-wing aircraft platforms throughout the fleet life cycle.
MCR and its partners will support FWPO in the following work areas:
- Trade-off studies and risk assessments acquisition and analysis
- Technical/test requirements, specifications, acceptance criteria and measuring programs
- Fixed wing production and LCCS programs
- Avionics architectures
- Safety and environmental assessments
- Fixed wing propulsion assessments
- Design implementation and engineering activities on out-of-production systems and major items coordination
- ILS engineering activities, such as Government Supplied Equipment inventory and special maintenance evaluations of fixed-wing fleet
- Cost reduction initiatives and programs