Inmarsat‘s Rebecca Cowen-Hirsch and Hughes Network Systems’ Rick Lober will participate in a panel discussion at the Satellite Industry Association’s two-day Defense Department Commercial SATCOM Workshop that will kick off Dec. 15 in Virginia.
Cowen-Hirsch, senior vice president for government strategy and policy at Inmarsat; and Lober, VP and general manager of Hughes’ defense and intelligence systems division; will discuss the challenges associated with operational commercial satcom in a panel discussion to be moderated by Col. Jack Fulmer II, chief of the Joint Staff’s C4 transport division, Inmarsat said Tuesday.
Other panelists include:
- Brian Moore, J3/7, JFCC SPACE
- Jim Heather, satcom and spectrum management division at USSTRATCOM
- Mike Winchester, director of satellite ground solutions at Northrop Grumman
Peter Hadinger, president of Inmarsat’s U.S. government business unit, will speak on the integration of comsatcom platforms with the DoD architecture in a panel discussion to be moderated by Robert Osterthaler, a retired U.S. Air Force brigadier general.
Other executives who will join Hadinger and Osterthaler include:
- John Hill, principal director for space policy at DoD
- John Ratigan, president of iDirect Government
- Ken Peterman, executive vice president of government services for ViaSat
- Winston Beauchamp, director of the DoD space advisor staff
Inmarsat will also demonstrate its Global Xpress commercial Ka-band network and L-band services.