Leanne Caret, CEO of Boeing's defense, space and security business, took part in a panel discussion at the Defense Technology and Security Conference organized by Saudi Arabian Military Industries in Washington, D.C.
The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia said Tuesday Caret, a 2018 Wash100 recipient, discussed the defense value chain alongside Colin Mahoney, senior vice president of international and service solutions at Rockwell Collins; Kurt Amend, CEO of Raytheon's Saudi arm; and Andreas Schwer, CEO of SAMI.
The conference with the theme “Reinforcing Partnerships, Creating Value“ included two other panel discussions that featured several speakers including:
- Ahmed Al-Khateeb, SAMI chairman
- Kenneth Krieg, former defense undersecretary for acquisition, technology and logistics
- Khalid Al-Falih, Saudi minister of energy, industry and mineral resources
- Gen. Arnold Punaro, immediate past chair and nominating and governance committee chair of the National Defense Industrial Association
- Majid Al-Qasabi, Saudi minister of commerce and investment
- Mohammed Al-Athel, secretary general of the General Authority for Military Industries' board
John Hamre, CEO of the Center for Strategic and International Studies, moderated the third panel discussion.
More than 100 industry leaders, regulators and advisers participated in the conference as part of the visit of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz to the U.S.