Bill LaPlante, senior vice president for Mitre's national security sector, said in a statement published Monday Work brings decades of experience and knowledge to the nonprofit company's national security sector as it works with DoD, cybersecurity and intelligence communities.
Work serves as president of a consulting firm and advises clients on defense strategy, national security and dual-use and military technologies.
He is former undersecretary of the U.S. Navy and president and CEO of the Center for a New American Security.
Other visiting fellows are:
- Ashton Carter, former DoD secretary and current director at Harvard Kennedy School's Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
- Mark McClellan, director of the Duke Margolis Center for Health Policy, former Food and Drug Administration commissioner and former Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services administrator
- Michael Chernew, director of health care markets and regulation laboratory at Harvard Medical School
- Rick Ledgett, former deputy director at the National Security Agency
- Robert Darnell, professor of cancer biology at Rockefeller University and founder of the New York Genome Center
- Steven Boutelle, former chief information officer of the U.S. Army and vice president at Cisco Systems
- Tom Chi, founding team member at Google X and an executive at Yahoo