Siemens and the International Society of Automation co-sponsored a workshop on Monday, Oct. 29, in Houston to discuss new approaches to safeguard the energy sector from cyber attacks.
Cybersecurity professionals from government and industry discussed how machine learning and security analytics platforms could help detect vulnerabilities and defend industrial control systems and other critical infrastructure against cyber threats, ISA said Friday.
Other cyber officials discussed the role of the “baseline” concept in threat detection and ways to address the shortage in cyber talent at the event.
The workshop featured several speakers including:
- Bob Kolasky, director of the National Risk Management Center at the Department of Homeland Security
- Ernesto Ballesteros, state cybersecurity coordinator for state of Texas
- Leo Simonovich, vice president and global head of industrial cyber and digital security at Siemens
- Matt Stewart, head of research and development for industrial cybersecurity at Siemens
- Sean Plankey, global cyber intelligence adviser at BP