The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council has unveiled the winners of the Igniting Innovation 2019 Conference and Awards.
ACT-IAC said Wednesday conference attendees selected Leidos as the overall winner for its "Lifesaving CT Opioid Detection" platform, which is designed to help address the country’s opioid crisis by intercepting narcotics and other substances in parcels and cargo.
Leidos was also named as one of the “Dynamite Awards” recipients under the “Incubator” category for its opioid detection system.
Other Dynamite Awards winners for the “Impacter,” “Game Changer,” “Transformer” and Incubator categories are:
- NewWave for its Blue Button 2.0
- Department of Veterans Affairs’ Veterans Health Administration for Diffusion of Excellence
- Science Applications International Corp. for Pilot Training Next
- General Services Administration for Steps to PBA Application
- Ohio Department of Administrative Services for Ohio Benefits IPA
- Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center for Assistive Technology Center,
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Services VA Medical Center for Genomics LIMS
NewWave and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Services VA Medical Center were also named Innovation in Healthcare award recipients. The two other awardees are the Advanced Platform Technology Center (VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System) for Self-Leveling Walker and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality for CDS Connect.