Rheinmetall-Fraen Joint Venture to Focus on Military Fuze Production

Rheinmetall-Fraen Joint Venture to Focus on Military Fuze Production - top government contractors - best government contracting event

Rheinmetall and metal components producer Fraen have formed a joint venture that will develop and manufacture military fuzes in the U.S.

Rheinmetall said Monday it will own a 51 percent stake in Rheinmetall Fraen Fuzes and Fraen will hold the remaining 49 percent share in the new JV.

The formation of RFF JV supports Rheinmetall's continued expansion in the U.S. defense technology market and backs the company's strategy to secure procurement orders in the U.S. weapon and ammunition sector.

Darren Klein will serve as CEO of RFF, which will be collocated with Fraen's Reading, Mass.-based headquarters.

You may also be interested in...

Raytheon SM-3

General Dynamics to Produce Missile Seeker Components for Raytheon SM-3 Interceptor

Raytheon Technologies has awarded General Dynamics a pair of contracts worth $43 million combined to manufacture seeker components for two new variants of the Standard Missile-3 system. General Dynamics said Monday its mission systems unit will provide optical hardware to Raytheon's missiles and defense business for integration into the SM-3 Block IB and IIA interceptors.

Stephanie Mango President CGI Federal

CGI Awarded Spot on Potential $12.6B DIA Contract for IT Services; Stephanie Mango Quoted

CGI announced on Tuesday that it has secured a position on the Solutions for the Information Technology Enterprise (SITE) III contract from the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) for the delivery of information technology (IT) mission support services. The contract has a 10-year period and a potential ceiling value of $12.6 billion.

OSIRIS-REx

Lockheed-Made Spacecraft Brings Asteroid Samples in Return Trip to Earth

A Lockheed Martin-made spacecraft is now on its way back to Earth after a mission to explore and gather samples on the Bennu asteroid. The OSIRIS-REx spacecraft carries asteroid samples as it flies back to Earth's orbit over a 1.4-billion-mile, two-year trip, which is expected to include two rotations around the Sun, Lockheed said Monday.