Michael Lempke, president of the nuclear and environmental group at Huntington Ingalls Industries’ technical solutions division, has been named chairman of the Energy Facility Contractors Group, ExchangeMonitor reported Wednesday.
He will lead the organization that coordinates with the Department of Energy to incorporate operational and business practices across DOE facilities. Lempke joined HII in 2016 after he served as VP of integrated strategic decision support at Systems Planning and Analysis and previously held roles of increasing responsibility within DOE.
EFCG also appointed Sandra Fairchild, project services and support director at Savannah River Remediation, to serve as vice chair of the group and selected Consolidated Nuclear Security CEO Morgan Smith as vice chair-elect.
New and returning members are:
- Bob Wilkinson, president of the Mission Support Alliance
- Billy Morrison, CEO of Veolia Nuclear Solutions’ federal services subsidiary
- Jack Craig, vice president of Atkins Nuclear Secured
- Jeff Stevens, vice president of BWX Technologies
- Kelly Beierschmitt, deputy director of the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Liz Porter, senior vice president of Leidos
- Mark Whitney, executive vice president and general manager of AECOM’s nuclear and environment business.
The group unveiled its new officers at a meeting held last week in Washington, D.C.