in

Boeing Embraer-Defense JV to Focus on C-390 Multimission Aircraft

Boeing Embraer-Defense JV to Focus on C-390 Multimission Aircraft - top government contractors - best government contracting event
Boeing Embraer-Defense JV to Focus on C-390 Multimission Aircraft - top government contractors - best government contracting event

Boeing and Brazil-based aerospace conglomerate Embraer have unveiled the name of a proposed joint venture to pursue new market opportunities for the latter's multimission tactical aircraft platform.

The Boeing Embraer-Defense JV will commence operations after the organization secures government regulatory approvals and satisfies closing conditions, Boeing said Monday.

Both companies plan to sell the C-390 Millennium aircraft, which is designed to carry troops and their cargo as well as support aerial refueling, airdrop, search-and-rescue, humanitarian and firefighting missions.

The Brazilian National Aviation Agency issued civil certification for the aircraft last year.

Jackson Schneider, president and CEO, of Embraer's defense and security business, said the partnership aims to increase the competitiveness of C-390 and expand its target markets worldwide.

Embraer will own 51 percent of the new entity and Boeing will hold the remaining 49 percent.

The two companies also formed a commercial aviation JV in which the Chicago-based plane maker will have an 80 percent stake.

ExecutiveBiz Logo

Sign Up Now! ExecutiveBiz provides you with Daily Updates and News Briefings about Technology

mm

Written by Mary-Louise Hoffman

is a writer of news summaries about executive-level business activity in the government contracting sector. Her reports for ExecutiveBiz are focused on trends and events that drive the GovCon industry to include commercial technologies that private companies are developing for federal government use. She contributes news content to ExecutiveBiz’s sister sites GovCon Wire and ExecutiveGov.

AT&T Adds FirstNet Cell Site in Minnesota - top government contractors - best government contracting event
AT&T Adds FirstNet Cell Site in Minnesota
Rolls-Royce Awarded $67M DLA Contract to Support T-56 Aircraft Engine Updates - top government contractors - best government contracting event
Rolls-Royce Awarded $67M DLA Contract to Support T-56 Aircraft Engine Updates