Pratt & Whitney Gets $58M Task Order to Ensure F-35 Engine Reliability

United Technologies Corp.'s Pratt & Whitney subsidiary has landed a potential five-year, $58.4M task order under a U.S. Navy basic ordering agreement to perform non-recurring engineering work on F-35 engines.

Pratt & Whitney will work to identify corrections to reliability, safety and maintainability issues that may arise from fleet utilization as well as continue maturation of the aircraft engine technology and evaluate the life limit of components based on operational use, the Department of Defense said Thursday.

Work will take place in Indiana and Connecticut through December 2024.

The Navy accounts for 36 percent of purchases under the task order while the U.S. Air Force, non-DoD participants and foreign military sales customers account for the remaining 64 percent.

You may also be interested in...

Nuxeo

Nuxeo Obtains HITRUST CSF Certified Status for Content Mgmt Suite

The Health Information Trust Alliance has granted Nuxeo certified status for information security for its cloud-based content management tool offered through the Amazon Web Services platform.

Gremlins Dynetics

Dynetics Concludes Third Flight Test of Gremlins UAV for DARPA

A Dynetics-made unmanned aerial vehicle demonstrated autonomous and manual safety behaviors in a test flight series for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. The Gremlins Air Vehicle, with its corresponding recovery system, performed seven hours of flight in November, at Utah-based Dugway Proving Ground, Dynetics, a Leidos subsidiary, said Wednesday.

Medallia

HHS Taps Medallia to Help Augment Customer Experience in Health Services

Medallia will deliver user experience technology to help the Department of Health and Human Services address health-related public sector issues and augment key services for HHS customers. The company said Thursday it offers a government-tailored platform that helps agencies determine how to improve citizen experience based on feedback data.