Jacobs to Buy 65% Stake in PA Consulting; Steve Demetriou Quoted

Jacobs to Buy 65% Stake in PA Consulting; Steve Demetriou Quoted
Steve Demetriou Chair

Jacobs has entered a strategic partnership with PA Consulting, Jacobs reported on Monday. Under the partnership, Jacobs will acquire a 65 percent stake in PA. The investment places an enterprise value of PA at $2.4 billion. The remaining 35 percent stake will be held by PA employees, following the exit of existing majority stakeholder, The Carlyle Group

"Our partnership with PA forms a unique offering in the market that combines strategic front-end consulting and deep domain knowledge across key sectors with next generation science and technology expertise,” said Jacobs Chair and CEO Steve Demetriou.

PA has more than doubled EBITDA, with a compound annual revenue growth of 12 percent since 2016. The company has worked with clients to create offerings that grow their businesses and support their customers. 

“This strategic partnership is an intentional move in accelerating our strategy to lead the market as a company like no other," Demetriou added. 

PA has developed innovative solutions with Ori Biotech to advance cell and gene therapy manufacturing and with public utilities leveraging iPredict, an AI and Machine Learning system to predict failures in critical underground electricity distribution assets.

''We see Jacobs as the ideal partner for PA, leveraging their client relationship networks and global platform to position us for the next phase of growth,” CEO of PA Consulting Ken Toombs said. 

The strategic partnership between Jacobs and PA will advance differentiated solutions that deliver end-to-end value for clients, employees and investors. The companies will also work to accelerate PA’s growth plan through access to Jacobs client base and global platform. 

"The partnership respects and preserves PA's heritage and independence under Ken Toombs' leadership – while creating superior value for Jacobs shareholders and significant opportunities for our clients and employees," Demetriou continued.

You may also be interested in...

Carahsoft

Carahsoft Adds ClearInfo Digitization Products to NASA SEWP V Contract

Carahsoft Technology has agreed to market end-to-end digitization tools developed by ClearInfo to federal government clients through the Reston, Virginia-based company's reseller partners and NASA Solutions for Enterprise-Wide Procurement V contract.

GA-ASI MQ-9 with ASW Pod

General Atomics Demos Anti-Submarine Sonobuoy Tech for Navy’s MQ-9 UAS

A General Atomics affiliate has demonstrated the use of A-size sonobuoys to remotely process acoustic and bathythermal data when deployed from an unmanned aircraft system to support U.S. Navy's anti-submarine warfare operations.

Corner Alliance

Corner Alliance to Develop Emergency Guidance Tool for DHS

The Department of Homeland Security's Science and Technology Directorate awarded over $1.5M to Corner Alliance for the development of a new emergency guidance planning app. The Federal Emergency Management Agency's website would feature the Alerts, Warnings and Notifications guidance tool that would offer best practices, customized resources and templates for emergency planning and readiness efforts, DHS said Tuesday.