Epirus has established an advisory board composed of industry executives who bring experience in national security, technology, communications and health care sectors and who will provide the Los Angeles-based technology company with recommendations on business growth and technology delivery.
Leigh Madden, CEO of Epirus, said in a statement published Thursday the advisers will support the company as it works to offer technologies developed to address national security threats.
The advisory board is made up of the following executives:
- Jeffrey Grant, board member at The Aerospace Corp. and former vice president and general manager of apace systems division within Northrop Grumman's aerospace systems business
- Richard Mattera, senior VP and chief development officer at UnitedHealth Group
- Michael Ovitz, co-founder of Creative Artists Agency and former president of The Walt Disney Co.
- Sam Palmisano, chairman of Center for Global Enterprise and former CEO and chairman of IBM
- Jerry Yang, founding partner of AME Cloud Ventures and co-founder and former CEO of Yahoo! Inc.
In July 2020, Epirus signed a strategic supplier agreement with Northrop to provide the latter with access to its software-defined electromagnetic pulse system. Leonidas will be used by Northrop to enhance its kinetic and non-kinetic counter drone technologies.