He and seven other at-large board members began their two-year terms on July 1 to provide strategic direction and help oversee the Alumni Association’s future programs, the university said Thursday.
Wang is responsible for Mitre’s financial planning and analysis, accounting, contracts and pricing, internal audit and other finance-related activities and partners with industry and academia in national security, cybersecurity, 5G and health care, among other areas. Prior to Mitre, he previously worked at Computer Sciences Corp., BearingPoint and Lockheed Martin.
Since 2019, he has been serving on the university’s Alumni Association board of governors as a non-member participant of the finance committee.
The university also announced the appointment of Jeffrey Rivest, former president and CEO of the University of Maryland Medical Center, as the next president of the Alumni Association.
The other seven at-large members of the board of governors are:
- Catherine Luzio, founder and CEO of Luminary
- Derrin Woodhouse, head of influencer, PR and consumer engagement at Coach
- Jazz Lewis, a delegate for Maryland’s 24th Legislative District
- Marina Cooper, assistant vice president of integrated marketing and brand management for Johns Hopkins University
- Patricia Cousins, VP and assistant general counsel for Marriott International
- Shayan Zadeh, CEO of Leap Rail
- Susan Wood, president and CEO of VIDA Diagnostics