Photo of Jennifer Krischer at LinkedIn
Jennifer Krischer is the Vice President and General Manager of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) Programs at Maxar Technologies. Krischer has accumulated years of experience focusing on geospatial intelligence and national security solutions.
Learn more about Jennifer Krischer and her journey to becoming Maxar’s Vice President and General Manager of the NGA Programs here
Who is Jennifer Krischer?
Jennifer Krischer has nearly 30 years of professional experience in intelligence and resource management and technology development for different levels of government, industry, and military sectors.
Krischer is known for being an effective leader and a team player who has developed proficiency in envisioning, planning, and implementing programs for staff enrichment while striving for success and excellence.
Krischer earned her bachelor’s degree in Geography and History from the United Air Force Academy in 1993 and her Master’s in Arts in African studies from Howard University in 2000.
Jennifer Krischer also extends her enrichment awareness in different volunteer work. Some of her past and ongoing volunteer work are:
- Veteran Support and Board Member of the Army Navy Country Club from October 2010 to October 2021
- Lead Coach of the Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia from January 2016 to January 2022
- Liaison Officer for high school students interested in applying to the Air Force Academy at the United States Air Force Academy since October 2014
- Lay Member of the Virginia State Bar at the Fourth District Committee, Section II, since October 2021
- Co-chair of Building Respect, Inclusion, and Diversity in the GEOINT Enterprise (BRIDGE) at the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation since May 2022
- Board Member of the Intelligence and National Security Alliance since February 2023
Working at Maxar Technologies
Logo from Maxar Technologies’ Official Website
Jennifer Krischer joined Maxar Technologies in November 2021. As Vice President and General Manager of Maxar’s NGA Programs, Krischer oversees a team of meteorologists, developers, data scientists, and geospatial experts that deliver crucial information and geospatial solutions to the US government and Maxar’s customers.
On February 15, 2022, Jennifer Krischer led a discussion panel, along with four representatives of the defense and intelligence sector. She shared her expertise in applying geospatial innovations and solutions in commercial utility, military operations, and national security decision-making processes at ExecutiveBiz’s Dual-Use Technology in Space Defense Forum.
Jennifer Krischer’s Leadership Background
Before becoming the Vice President and General Manager at Maxar Technologies, Jennifer Krischer assumed other roles that helped her develop her expertise in defense solutions, threat analysis, and geospatial intelligence. Her 30-year professional experience includes the following leadership positions:
- Assistant Professor of Geography, African Studies, and Social Sciences at the United States Air Force Academy from 2000 to 2003
- Chief of Threat Analysis at Headquarters Air Force (HAF/A9), from June 2003 to June 2007
- Senior Intel Director at the United States European Command (EUCOM) from 2007 to 2008
- Operations Officer at the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) from June 2008 to February 2010
- Commander of Detachment 130 of the Air Force ROTC from March 2010 to July 2013
- Deputy Chief Intel of the Surveillance & Recce Division at the Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) from August 2013 to August 2014
- Chief of the ISR Resource Division of the United States Air Force from August 2014 to September 2018
- Deputy Product Line Director at BAE Systems, Inc., from September 2018 to October 2021
- Deputy Director of the Sensor Processing and Exploitation (SPX) Product Line at BAE Systems, Inc., from September 2018 to October 2021
Jennifer Krischer is also among the six newly-elected directors of INSA (Intelligence and National Security Alliance) and was appointed with a three-year term. Krischer’s role as a board member entails providing business oversight, strategic guidance, and direction to INSA as it cultivates public-private partnerships to promote space intelligence and national security initiatives.
About Maxar Technologies
Image from Maxar Technologies at LinkedIn
Maxar Technologies is a space technology firm with 60 years of expertise in developing systems and technologies for the space domain. Its services include innovating Earth intelligence, designing and building space infrastructure, satellite products, and on-orbit servicing facilities.
Maxar strives to provide impactful value to commercial and government customers to build a better world and sustainable future. It also incorporates recognized Environmental, Social, and Governance (EGS) principles to improve its solutions and intelligence innovation processes.