Search Results for: General Electric

Executive Spotlight: Harris CTO Kent Buchanan

Executive Spotlight: Harris CTO Kent Buchanan - top government contractors - best government contracting event

Kent Buchanan is chief technology officer and vice president of engineering for Harris Corp., where he works to integrate dual-purpose technologies for defense, national intelligence, and healthcare customers, among others. Prior to joining Harris’ leadership team, he spent time at companies such as Motorola and General Electric and served as an …

Read More »

GE, MIT, DARPA to Research Military Vehicle Production Processes

General Electric is partnering with a leading technology college and the Defense Department’s research arm to research processes for designing and manufacturing military systems and vehicles. GE and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology will develop a crowd-driven ecosystem for evolutionary design platform through the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency’s vehicleforge.mil …

Read More »

GE to Upgrade F414 Aircraft Engines for Navy, Australia

GE to Upgrade F414 Aircraft Engines for Navy, Australia - top government contractors - best government contracting event

General Electric’s aviation division has won an $8,886,783 Navy delivery order to provide the branch with engine upgrades under a Navy component improvement program. The Defense Department said the cost-plus-fixed-fee contract combines a 93 percent purchase from the Navy and the remaining 7 percent from the Australian government. Australia will …

Read More »

Cubic Names Bishop Corporate Development, Hill Communications Lead

Cubic Names Bishop Corporate Development, Hill Communications Lead - top government contractors - best government contracting event

Cubic Corp. has appointed Norman Bishop as corporate development director and Timothy Hill as corporate communications and public relations director. The San Diego-based defense equipment maker said both executives will report to Jay Thomas, vice president of finance and corporate development. Bishop, a 13-year consulting and investment banking veteran, will …

Read More »

Lockheed, GE Partner with Gov’t on SME Manufacturing

Lockheed, GE Partner with Gov't on SME Manufacturing - top government contractors - best government contracting event

Lockheed Martin, General Electric and several other large American manufacturers have helped develop a framework for a Council on Competitiveness program that aims to provide small and medium-sized manufacturers with better access to high-performing computer technology. Cynthia McIntyre, a Council senior vice president, wrote in a Harvard Business Review blog …

Read More »

GE Wins Navy Aircraft Engine Upgrade Order

GE Wins Navy Aircraft Engine Upgrade Order - top government contractors - best government contracting event

General Electric's (NYSE: GE) aviation business unit won a $9,258,449 Navy cost-plus-fixed-fee delivery order to upgrade engine systems for Naval aircraft. The Defense Department said GE will also provide engineering services for the Navy’s Aircraft Engine Component Improvement Program. GE will perform work under the cost-plus-fixed-fee delivery order in Lynn, Mass. The …

Read More »